Thursday, December 20, 2012


It’s been a long time that I haven’t talk about learning Arabic because I’ve been sharing my sports activities like basketball and volleyball games or my daily life.
But this week, I’d like to share some Arabic stuff.

After learning Arabic for a few months, I discovered that the most difficult part is to learn its grammar rule. There’re so many rules that you have to keep in mind and could drive you crazy, you might be shouting” what the hell!” or cursing of it every time when you’re studying it.

Take the verbs for example, we have to add different Arabic letters in the front of the verb in different situations. To describe it in a simple way, we have to know “who” do this action and add different letters. You may not understand it due to my awful description, but it’s really annoying, making you feel confused and don’t want to talk about it( just exactly what I’m doing now).

By the way, my foreign teacher from Syria speaks English in a very funny accent and also a high voice, it’s not pretty polite to say so, but it makes me laugh all the time.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a girl who like studying foreign language as well. Except Mandarin, English and Bahasa Melayu, I had learned Korean by myself. I like foreign language because that may make me feel proud when chat with foreigner. Few of my friends have studied Arabic in NCCU too. I think Arabic full of challenge when i saw its alphabets. Frankly speaking, I know a greeting word "Assalamualaikum" which is learnt in Malaysia. Arabic's words is longer than Mandarin, English, Bahasa Melayu. Thus, that is the reason why i think Arabic is a difficult foreign language. Wish you learn your Arabic happily and enjoy it.
    [A different talent will make you more charming]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello William. I can understand your feeling! The Arabic grammar rules sometimes are very annoying and complicated. Like the teacher saying, the Arabic rules are very hard to know. Whenever I study them, I always feel crazy. Our foreign teacher says if we can learn Arabic rules well, our logic must be excellent. For this reason, I start to confuse my ability of logic which I was proud of before.

    ReplyDelete