Thursday, October 4, 2012


The first two weeks in nccu was very nice, I have got used to the life here and also made some friends. And now let me talk about the progress about how I learn Arabic in these two weeks.
Let’s start at the first week. When I first meet Arabic, teachers taught us how to pronounce Arabic alphabets, and how to write them. However, all of us could tell that it’s hard for people to learn a foreign language, so I had a terrible time practicing the pronunciation and the method to write them, especially some of the letters look alike, and to describe their looks, they look like worms tying knots together, which means it’s very difficult to distinguish them.
In the second week in nccu, there were both nice and horrible parts. Nice part was that after practicing speaking Arabic for few days, I finally could speak very little Arabic, just in pronouncing words, not to recognize the meaning of each word. But the horrible part was that sometimes teachers thought the whole class knew everything they taught, so they began to speed up and teach the harder parts. At that time I often feel sleepy and start to nod, but fortunately, I never fell asleep in class.
   To sum up, I think that the two weeks were both ok, haha .

2 comments:

  1. Obviously,Arabic is harder than Russian. It's too difficult for normal guys to understand. I think that learning a new language requires lots of passion. So, hope we can both overcome all the difficulties. And,maybe in future,you will need someone to help you to sell oil to Russia, don't forget I'm the best choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi~ Dear classmate! I have the same feelings as you. Leaning, hearing and writing Arabic letters and words was quite a prickly challenge for we novices to cope with, but I have all along believed we will forge ahead considerably and break through the shackles of terrible status quo if we keep a positive attitude and industrious spirit. Your effort is conspicuous without doubt,all you have to do is just keeping up going,and someday you will make a hit and bring the house down!! :)

    ReplyDelete